60g unsalted hard butter
80g gluten free white bread flour
150ml double or whipping cream
1. Put the butter and water in a pan, stir over a low heat until the butter has melted and then bring to boil then remove from the heat.
2. Add flour and sugar to the hot water mix and beat hard until it comes away from the sides of the pan. Place in a bowl to cool.
3. Once cool whisk in one egg with an electric whisk and then the other until a thick dough is formed. Place the dough in a piping bag.
4. Line a baking tray with baking paper and pipe 6 lines of the dough (about 4 inches).
5. Place in an oven heated to gas mark 7, add a tray of water to the bottom of the oven, the steam will help them rise. Bake for 10 minutes, without opening, turn the oven down to gas mark 5 and cook for another 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to go cold.
6. Whisk the cream until stiff, place in a piping bag, push the nozzle into the end of the eclair and pipe in cream, do the same at the other end to ensure it goes all the way through. Melt chocolate and spoon over the top. Allow to set.
This recipe was published on 3rd July 2017 by Alison Wheatley
If you need a temperature or weight conversion visit our FAQ page
Our classic take on pumpkin tarts are gluten free, lightly spiced and great autum dessert
Spiced Plum Rice Pudding
Naturally gluten free rice pudding topped with a gently spiced winter plum compote
Super coconutty, mixed with chocolate this cake is a gluten and dairy free delight
Chocolate Redcurrant Cupcakes
Gluten free chocolately cupcakes with an intense choc buttercream and tangy redcurrants!
Starry Birthday Cake
Everyone like a good birthday cake, this one is multi coloured and star shaped!
On – 24 Oct, 2017 By Alison Wheatley